John Dewey on educative experiences on Flickr - Photo Sharing!
1. I can take my library on vacation.
2. There's no space for one more book in my house.
3. My house doesn't come with a search feature to tell me which room, which pile, which box, which shelf holds the book I've spent three hours looking for.
4. Paper books don't come with a search feature to help me find a particular line.
5. Paper books don't come with a search feature that searches all my notes and bookmarks.
6. My iPod Touch can hold several hundred books and fit them in my pocket. My pocket can't.
7. I love the smell and feel of a forest more than i love the smell and feel of a book.
8. I don't have to drive an hour to buy a book.
9. I don't have to wait a week for the book I just bought online.
10. When I share a book with a friend my Nook remembers to give it back to me two weeks later.
12. When I'm at work and waiting on a lengthy task I can whip out my iPod Touch or my PDA and look busy while I tap screens and make notes, but really I'm reading a romance novel.
13. I can read romances without others snickering because I'm holding a book with a man and woman groping each other on the cover. Which means you guys can give romances a try(try my erotic romance novel first) and no one would know.
The picture above is a screenshot of an e-reading app on an iPod Touch. And if you want to read that book, you can read it on your computer for free. It's available from Project Gutenberg.